Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mommy Moment

I thoroughly enjoy Mommy moments like, playing on the trampoline, baking cookies, etc... However, this Friday we had a Mommy moment I would like to forget. Since we were out of school I got a grand idea to take the boys to the park and have a picnic. Tom met us and we got busy swinging and sliding and having a great time. After we ate the boys wanted to walk down to the pond. As I was taking this picture... Jackson took off for the water. I pulled him back with the hand I was holding. As he picked up his feet to drop to the ground, I felt a pop. I told Tom and we watched him and realized that he wasn't moving his arm. He tried to suck his thumb but let his arm fall to his side. When my hard core thumb sucker doesn't suck his thumb I knew something is up. We went straight to the doctor where we were diagnosed with "nursemaid's elbow" (a dislocated elbow). Needless to say I was horrified and in tears. The doctor said it happens all the time. She gently put it back in its place and we were done. It took about 5 minutes for him to try the thumb again but by the time we got home we were back to normal. He had to wear a sling for the next few days...not that it stopped him from anything but we wore it like we were supposed to. He is a trooper though by that night he was back to football, sling and all!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

And he accessorized it so well with the Mardi Gras beads!