Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Everybody Cut Footloose!

Today might have been the most anticipated day of the week so far...at least for the grown ups in the household!  Today was Decade Day and the chosen decade for our family was the eighties.  Trent and Brayden went total punk rocker on us, complete with tattoo sleeves (thanks to my sister Tammy for the idea and the dollar store for the supplies!) and colored mohawks.  I was doubtful about whether the boys' hair would stay in the mohawk all day, but thanks to a wonderful product found at Wal-mart named Super Spikes, we were able to stay mohawk-ish all the way through until church (which thankfully was Wacky Wednesday so we killed two birds with one stone!).

October 2008 002

 

Tom and I were very excited about eighties day and we spent much time putting together our outfits.  Believe it or not I actually found the leg warmers and tights at Target.  Apparently they are back in style - woohoo!  Tom brought back the great two shirt look.  We had lots of fun,  but we are definitely appreciative that we have moved on to a more stable wardrobe!!

October 2008 003

Well, a trip back in time is always fun but it's back to good ol' 2008 for now!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh.My.Word.

Y'all are totally rockin' the house in your costumes. I love it.

Cannot wait for tomorrow. Don't let me down!