Friday, April 18, 2008

In This Moment Tour



For those of you that know me well you know that my all time favorite performer is Steven Curtis Chapman. I still have the copied cassette of his first two albums I copied from my sister. My husband well knows that had Steven Curtis Chapman not been married in 1994 things would have turned out differently!! Well, my loving and understanding husband bought me a ticket to see Steven in concert April 17 in Ocala, Florida. Another good friend of mine (and adoring Steven fan!) had her husband do the same thing. So yesterday as soon as school was out we headed for Ocala. We were so excited to have a "girls night with Steven". We got there and headed down to our special section the "artist circle" that we paid $5 extra for. We were so excited to find a seat on the 9th row. When we sat down we saw that one part of the front row was empty. I sent Holly down to check availability while I kept our seats. She nodded and waved me over much to my delight and surprise. As I tried to walk,not run, to her, I got there only to point out the signs hanging on the back of the pews "Reserved for Front Row Winners!". Well, we tried!
Our 9th row seats turned out to be great! We had a blast. Steven is still as fantastic as ever (and as handsome as ever I might add!). We sang with every song (a little too loud probably) and clapped and "woohooed" as much as we possibly could. As we got in the car and drove home we sang and laughed some more. Even our being out until 1:30 in the morning on a school night didn't bother us. I can't quite see straight this morning and I've had double the caffeine but my night was definitely worth it. Thanks Tom for a great gift!! Steven has nothing on you!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!

So, now that I tagged you. You just answer the same questions I answered here on your blog. Then, technically, you "tag" a couple of friends so they do the same. (If you have another friends that blog)

Tammy said...

Woo hoo....photos!