Sunday, February 24, 2008

Valentine's Day


Well, it was a great day all around. The power went out all over the city for most of the morning - which was when I had a short break and had planned to grab Tom's balloons and deliver them with his gift I had fortunately bought the day before. Luckily I had cash so I was able to buy them since the credit card machines weren't working. After delivering them I had enough time to run by Brayden's room for his party and do the "mom" thing. Basically, that means putting fruit and cupcakes on plates and pass them out. Then I wisked away back to my class for the rest of our morning and finally ended the school day with our party. I must say that while I enjoy Valentine's Day as a whole, as a teacher it provides more stress than any other day. The party, the passing out of Valentine's, not to mention it just screams to each child that they must bring their teachers all sorts of things. From the boxes of assorted chocolate to the bright pink poofy poodle I received this year that says I love you on it. Now for a family with girls in it I would probably just bring it home and pass it on to the children, but strange as it seems, my children don't want the fuzzy things. Ah, well, to end another great Valentine's day Jackson took his first steps. We were so excited since it seemed that he would be crawling across the stage to receive his high school diploma! Way to finish out the day, buddy!

No comments: